Grace at Sandier Pastures has tagged me in this meme cicrling around to share five things I love about being a mom. This meme was started by Catherine of Her Bad Mother and David of Itâ€™s Not Lecture.
This has turned out to be harder than I thought it would be.
Not that I don’t love being a mom. But I’ve had a terrible time narrowing it down to just five.
So, just know that this is a completely incomplete list.
1. Being a mom has taught me complete Dependance on God. There is no way I could be even a half-way decent mom in my own strength. Also, none of my children were born in ideal situations. EA and MC were 30 weekers and fought to live during their roller-coaster stay in the NICU. Will was born just a short time before we made an overseas move to Germany. I don’t know how I would have survived either situation without depending on God for strength each day. I’m going to be honest and tell you also that some days I didn’t depend on Him and those days were so incredibly hard. Not only do I have to depend on God during the hard times, but I have to depend on Him during all the every day moments of motherhood as well.
2. As a mom I have a Purpose. I am living for more than just myself. I have a purpose, a calling much higher than myself, to take care of, to teach, to disciple, to nurture and to love these three beautiful people that have been entrusted to me. I pray that I never take this lightly.
3. I get to have Fun, Play, and Be Silly on a daily basis. I have a reason to laugh every. single. day. I don’t have to take life or myself so seriously. I can sit down and tell crazy jokes, tickle little ones, and skip around the living room with my children. Life is so much pleasant when I do.
4. I am forever loved with this amazing unconditional love. No matter how bad of a mommy I may have been at the end of the day, my children are forgiving and loving towards me. They are always ready with kisses and hugs. I get to hear “I Love You Mommy” coming from the most precious lips ever created. Their little eyes look up to me in admiration and pure love and this just melts my heart and brings tears to my eyes.
5. I have found Hope for the World. The world can seem so depressing, empty, and desolate. But when I look into the eyes of my small children, I see renewal, life, and hope. Sometimes it feels as if I can literally see the future right in front of my eyes and it’s an optimistic future. It’s a future that I have a hand in shaping through discipling and teaching my own children.
What about you? What do you love about being a mom?
Please feel free to share in the comments or write your own blog post. If you write your own, let me know so I can read it too!