An Easy, Relaxing and Inexpensive Date Night

My husband and I have a regular date night on Wednesday nights when our little ones are in choir and AWANA programs at church.

It is a great opportunity for us to have some alone time together without having to pay for a babysitter.

We usually go out to eat someplace nearby.

But this week we did something a little different.

We didn’t need to go out to eat since we took the girls out for their birthday dinner before church activities.

So, instead we found a quiet corner perfect for a reading date at Paneara Bread.

Keith drank coffee and I sipped on hot tea in an attempt to sooth a sore throat while reading our books and enjoying quiet conversation between pages.

I was reminded of just how much I enjoy hot tea and how I love spending time reading with my husband by my side.

What do you do to spend time dating your husband?

Note: This post is being linked to Finer Things Friday at Amy’s Finer Things and Frugal Friday at Life as Mom.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Signature

Comments

1. 2

says

We don’t really have a good option for child care, so we usually have a date night after the kids have gone to bed. We have dinner together and rent a movie, and it works for us right now! Of course we would LOVE to have a babysitter and the opportunity to go out, so hopefully that can happen sometime soon! :)
    .-= Erin @ Closing Time´s last blog ..It’s My Blogoversary! =-.

2. 3

says

I adore your blog! It is refreshing to hear that you have date nights also! ;) Hubby and I love going to Barnes & Noble together, and getting a drink and sometimes a cupcake or the yummy sandwich from the Starbucks Cafe. Other times we’ll go for a walk or get carry-out from a special place (exotic like Indian food) or go to Cracker Barrel. It’s just fun being together and enjoying good companionship as you said also. It just feels good and beautiful ;) Thanks for letting me in on the blog post, its making me smile and its been a busy week so I’m ready for the weekend and was just thinking it would be fun to have a date tonight and eat out or something before I stopped in here! ;) take care.. Jenn
    .-= Jenn´s last blog ..The Perfect Seren-ipod: Sounds of The Heart =-.

3. 4

says

We don’t have kids, so we don’t have to squeeze in date-nights, but at the same time our lives are very busy, so we do make extra time. We simply enjoy going on walks together! A great walk gives us plenty of time to chat. :)

4. 8

Willma Fields says

Loved hearing about your date. James and I have two TV shows that we watch together so it’s like having two pre-scheduled 1/2 hour dates per week. We love the plot lines and discuss what might happen next, how the story would proceed if we were writting it…etc. Lots ‘o fun.

5. 9

says

we have date night every week, since forever..and it has saved my sanity at times. Now that my kids are older, I am not so desperate for quiet-away-time, but we still have date night. Our favorite thing to do is to go out to eat and the go to Barnes & Nobles and sit with a coffee drink for dessert, and then we each do some reading. It’s very relaxing.

good for you!

6. 10

says

I think it is great your able to have these weekly times together… especially thinking back on a year ago when you were apart! I love date nights with my hubby. We try to go out around once a month and also try in home date nights about that often as well.
    .-= LifeAtTheCircus´s last blog ..The Envelope =-.

7. 12

says

What a wonderful idea. Our church offers new life training classes on Wednesday nights throughout the school year. Sometimes they don’t offer a class we are interested in. This is a wonderful alternative for some quality time with our hubbies. Thank you.

Trackbacks