Yesterday in Sunday School we had a discussion of Thanksgiving and what it means to really give thanks, especially at this time of the year.
The comment was made that in the middle of the busyness and traditions of Thanksgiving, it can be difficult to give thanks.
I agree. It can.
But it doesn’t have to be so!
Thanks isn’t something that we give only during the Thanksgiving holidays.
Thanks isn’t to be offered only during the month of November.
Thanks is to be given and to be lived out every day of the year as we acknowledge that everything…every single blessing that we have comes from our Father in Heaven.
Thanksgiving is given as we realize that all good in our life is a blessing.
Thanksgiving is given as we offer up thanks even in the difficult and hard seasons of life.
It is easy to give thanks when we’re stopping to count our blessings and to give thanks for them every day of the year. When giving thanks becomes an essential part of our lives.
This week I am thankful for so much as I count the blessings of my week here…
701. encouragement with beans
702. the glorious works of the LORD
703. movie popcorn
704. a babysitter my children love
705. yummy coffee creamer
706. playroom concerts
707. time with my Savior
708. afternoon tea with my girls
709. an evening alone with Jenny…lots of hugs, kisses & helpin’
710. early morning rain
711. letting go, dancing and having fun together
712. freedom in Christ
713. coffee deals through the weekend
714. Sunday dinner at Grandma’s
715. running into a college friend
716. remembering to pray as God whispers to my spirit…He CAN do the impossible!
717. school breaks