These have been so much fun to make! As promised, here’s the tutorial:
Xyron Sticker Machine (optional)
Printed Image (exact size is .75 x .83 in.)
DG3 Art Gel
1. Run printed image through sticker machine to put adhesive on back side. This step is completely optional, but putting the printed image is so much easier this way. Otherwise, you will need to use modge podge to paste the image on the tile.
2. Using an xacto knife, cut image to exact size and adhere on the scrabble tile. I like to also use an emory board to file the edges of the tile with the image on it.
3. Seal the top of the tile (over the image) with a thin coating of Modge Podge. And let dry–I recommend a drying time of 15 minutes.
4. Use DG3 Art Gel to apply a clear glaze to the top of the pendant. You have to be careful not to get bubbles in the glaze. Start by squeezing out a little onto wax paper first and then continue on the pendant by lining the edges and filling in with the DG3 Art Gel. Diamond Glaze can also be used for this, but I prefer DG3 because it gives a clearer finish. Diamond Glaze can dry with a “blurry” look.
5. Allow the glaze to dry for at least 24 hours.
6. Use super glue or diamond glaze to apply an Annarku bail to the back of the pendant.
Note: The image should be placed on the side of the scrabble tile opposite the letter
Please ask any questions you have and I’ll do my best to answer them. I have ordered most of my supplies for this from Etsy.
These Scrabble Tile pendants look great worn on a necklace and they are so versatile.
They definitely “work for me”! To see what works for other moms around the blogosphere, visit Works for Me Wednesday at Rocks in My Dryer.